Are you new to the field of fund development? Are you considering a career shift within the development field? Are you a seasoned fundraising professional with a desire to share your experience? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please consider joining the AFP Great Smoky Mountain Chapter 2023 Mentorship program!
AFP GSM realizes the importance of developing and maintaining strong and diverse fundraising professionals for the continued success of the nonprofit sector. As a benefit of membership, we are excited to offer a mentoring program that engages new, early-career, or career-shifting professionals, as mentees, by providing a transfer of knowledge and professional development through a structured relationship with an experienced professional mentor.
AFP GSM pairs mentee fundraisers with seasoned fundraisers for individualized professional development, guidance, encouragement, and support. Participants of the mentorship program are expected to participate in:
- Virtual Kick-off happy hour
- Monthly one-on-one virtual or in-person mentor/mentee meetings
- Professional development opportunities with other mentors and mentees
- Wrap Party to present findings
The AFP Great Smoky Mountain Chapter 2023 Mentorship program will also include opportunities to:
- Be matched with an experienced and/or CFRE certified* mentor
- Grow your network in the fundraising community
- Plan and tackle a fundraising-related project for your organization
- Develop a solid foundation for a successful career in the fundraising field!
If you're interested in becoming a Mentee and you’re not a current member, become a member today or learn more about membership scholarships.
*CFRE mentors may not be available and priority is given to those planning to sit for the CFRE exam during the mentorship period.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and matches are made monthly.