Isn’t my AFP membership my support?
AFP membership does not “support” the Foundation. Your support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy is above and beyond AFP dues. When you join AFP, you receive products, programs and services in exchange for your membership. The AFP Foundation raises revenue for fundraising innovation to underwrite the creation of new or enhance existing programs and services—adding value to your membership. The AFP Foundation also works to raise awareness about the role and impact of fundraising in philanthropy to nonprofit leaders and donors and the general public
What is the relationship between the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy?
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), a 501(c)(6) nonprofit membership organization, and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, represent a typical professional association/foundation partnership. The primary focus of AFP is to advance ethical and effective fundraising worldwide. The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy works on behalf of those who lead, serve and support nonprofit institutions in the interest of the public good. Together, AFP and the AFP Foundation, support the pillars of the fundraising profession: ethical practice, education, research, leadership development and a community of inclusion and diversity.
What are the different ways to support AFP and the AFP Foundation?
Membership Dues to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Members receive direct benefits in exchange for their membership purchase
Donations to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy
- The AFP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Political contributions to the AFP Political Action Committee (PAC)
- Non tax deductible personal gifts - US citizens ONLY contribute - to the support of candidates for Federal office who believe, and have demonstrated their beliefs, in the principles to which philanthropy and the fundraising profession are dedicated.
How do I make my contribution to the AFP Foundation?
- Donate online: https://afpglobal.org/donate
- Mail a check: AFP Foundation for Philanthropy, 4200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 480, Arlington, VA 22203
- Call with a credit card: 800-666-3863 x448.
- Ask your local AFP board members for a form