APPLICATIONS DUE JANUARY 25TH!
Members of AFP Manitoba have access to our Mentorship Program for free!
Not a member yet? Click here to find out how you can join.
All members of AFP Manitoba can participate in the program, whose goal is to create partnerships that enhance and support our commitment to best practices and ethical standards in fundraising, as well as diversity and inclusion.
Each year, we pair mentors and mentees together to create mutually beneficial learning opportunities. Partners often have a shared interest in specific areas of fundraising such as annual giving, major giving, board governance, special events, campaign planning, etc. The program also pairs novice/new fundraisers with seasoned professionals and partners are encouraged to meet at least 4-6 times throughout the year to share knowledge and ideas.
For Partners, the benefits of participating in the program include:
- Expanding your networking opportunities with other fundraising professionals in Manitoba;
- Setting goals related to your career;
- Providing perspective on your challenges and setting priorities;
- Obtaining personal recommendations on educational resources.
Download the APPLICATION FORM and send the completed version to KarenF@afpmanitoba.org.
For Mentors, the benefits include:
- Gaining leadership experience in our community;
- Connecting and networking with new/novice fundraisers;
- Sharing your knowledge and resources to benefit fundraisers throughout Manitoba.
Download the APPLICATION FORM
and send the completed version to KarenF@afpmanitoba.org
Former participants have said:
“There is real value for being both a mentor and a mentee. I can grow my leadership and coaching skills, while for someone new to fundraising, having access to someone you can go to for help is amazing.”
“Anyone with less than five years’ experience, or someone who wants to advance their career, should sign up. You can never have enough fundraising friends!”
Find out more by contacting Karen Fowler at KarenF@afpmanitoba.org .