Each year, we pair mentors and mentees together to create mutually beneficial learning opportunities. Partners often have a shared interest in specific areas of fundraising such as annual giving, major giving, board governance, special events, campaign planning, etc. The program also pairs novice/new fundraisers with seasoned professionals and partners are encouraged to meet at least 4-6 times throughout the year to share knowledge and ideas.
For Partners, the benefits of participating in the program include:
- Expanding your networking opportunities with other fundraising professionals in Manitoba;
- Setting goals related to your career;
- Providing perspective on your challenges and setting priorities;
- Obtaining personal recommendations on educational resources.
For Mentors, the benefits include:
MENTEE APPLICATION FORM
MENTOR APPLICATION FORM
- Gaining leadership experience in our community;
- Connecting and networking with new/novice fundraisers;
- Sharing your knowledge and resources to benefit fundraisers throughout Manitoba.
Former participants have said:
“There is real value for being both a mentor and a mentee. I can grow my leadership and coaching skills, while for someone new to fundraising, having access to someone you can go to for help is amazing.”
“Anyone with less than five years’ experience, or someone who wants to advance their career, should sign up. You can never have enough fundraising friends!”
Did you know that, as an AFP member, you may also be eligible for national and international programs that offer Mentorship opportunities?