Both the AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter and AFP International are pleased to offer fellowships and scholarships that support philanthropy and professional growth for individuals and smaller organizations throughout our region.
Chapter awards are available for AFP membership dues, CFRE certification fees, CFRE exam preparation course registration fee, AFP International conference registration, and our new diversity fellowships.
AFP International awards additional diversity scholarships.
CHAPTER FELLOWSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Target applicants are employees of 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations with 5 or fewer fund development staff, or are individuals between jobs or independently consulting.
- An individual may receive no more than 1 scholarship award in a calendar year.
- No more than 2 individuals from any organization may receive scholarship awards in a calendar year.
1. INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND ACCESS (IDEA) FELLOWSHIPS ($565 value)
Up to four IDEA Fellowships are available.
AFP IDEA Fellowship will include the following:
- Scholarship for one year of AFP membership beginning November 2019
- Scholarship for six local AFP events, including the Philanthropy Awards Luncheon (must be used within one year of membership beginning)
As an AFP IDEA Fellow you will be asked to:
- Serve on one AFP committee of your choice
- Help recruit and screen for next year’s fellows
- Complete a survey at the end of your fellowship
Qualifications to apply for the fellowship include:
- 1-5 years of experience in fundraising
- History of advocating for diversity, increased inclusion, equity and access
- Completion of application
- Letter of support from your supervisor after acceptance of the fellowship
2019 APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED. If you have any questions, please contact AFP Diversity Chair Caliopy Glaros, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-419-7630. Completed applications should be emailed directly to Caliopy.
2. CFRE EXAM PREPARATION CLASS SCHOLARSHIP - $150
$150 scholarship for the five week class series
Fundamentals of Fundraising Scholarship Application
3. CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP DUES SCHOLARSHIP - $150
Up to 6 AFP membership dues assistance (50% up to $150 for the first year and 25% up to $75 for the second year).
Applications welcomed throughout the year until funds are committed for the year.
AFP Dues Scholarship Application
4. CFRE CERTIFICATION SCHOLARSHIPS - $300
Up to 2 financial assistance scholarships upon successful attainment of CFRE designation. Preference for participants enrolled in the AFP OR/SWW chapter review course.
Match of 50% ($300) Applications welcomed throughout the year until funds are committed for the year.
CFRE Scholarship Application
5. AFP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS - $500
1 AFP International Conference registration (chapter award)
1 AFP International Conference registration "Chamberlain Award" (AFP International award for first time attendee)
AFP members receive preference for chapter awards. Follow up report/letter requested after the conference.
Award made through AFP International for the Chamberlain Scholarship. Chapter scholarship award (reimbursement) will be made to the individual or organization upon receipt of registration payment. The application deadline is October 30, 2019.
Conference Scholarship Application
AFP INTERNATIONAL DIVERSE COMMUNITIES SCHOLARSHIP
$1,500 Scholarships ($595 Conference Fee + $905 for Travel Expenses) will be offered in each of three categories provided the category achieves sufficient funding. The AFP Foundation offers our donors the opportunity to direct their gifts to one of the following categories:
- The General Diversity Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves
as members of the AFP diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who
are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves a diverse community.
- The Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves as members of the AFP GLBT diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves
the GLBT community.
- The African-American Diversity Scholarship Fund - reserved for applicants who identify themselves as members of the AFP African-American diversity community of fundraising professionals, or AFP members who are employees of a nonprofit organization that serves the African-American community.
- Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible diverse community as defined by AFP (African-American/Black, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Hispanic, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
- Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a diverse community.
- Work for a nonprofit organization that serves a 50% or more eligible AFP diverse community client base.
To submit your Diverse Communities Scholarship Application Click Here
- Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or spend at least fifty percent of time fundraising for employer.
- Never attended an NSFRE/AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON).
- Understand that this may be a partial scholarship (conference fees and some travel support only) and that scholar may be required to find additional funds needed to attend this conference (such as travel expenses).
- Understand that their name as the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholar may be listed/promoted in AFP communications.
- Understand that if selected as a 2020 Diverse Communities Scholarship winner, that scholar will attend all required sessions at the International Fundraising Conference and complete an evaluation.
The application deadline is October 30, 2019.
Questions about the AFP Diverse Communities Conference Scholarship? please contact the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy at (800) 666-3836, or by email at email@example.com.