Both the AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter and AFP International are pleased to offer fellowships and scholarships that support philanthropy and professional growth for individuals and smaller organizations throughout our region.
Chapter awards are available for AFP membership dues, CFRE certification fees, CFRE exam preparation course registration fee, AFP International conference registration, and our new diversity fellowships.
AFP International awards additional diversity scholarships.
CHAPTER FELLOWSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Target applicants are employees of 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations with 5 or fewer fund development staff, or are individuals between jobs or independently consulting.
- An individual may receive no more than 1 scholarship award in a calendar year.
- No more than 2 individuals from any organization may receive scholarship awards in a calendar year.
1. INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND ACCESS (IDEA) FELLOWSHIPS ($565 value)
Up to four IDEA Fellowships are available.
AFP IDEA Fellowship will include the following:
- Scholarship for one year of AFP membership beginning November 2019
- Scholarship for six local AFP events, including the Philanthropy Awards Luncheon (must be used within one year of membership beginning)
As an AFP IDEA Fellow you will be asked to:
- Serve on one AFP committee of your choice
- Help recruit and screen for next year’s fellows
- Complete a survey at the end of your fellowship
Qualifications to apply for the fellowship include:
- 1-5 years of experience in fundraising
- History of advocating for diversity, increased inclusion, equity and access
- Completion of application
- Letter of support from your supervisor after acceptance of the fellowship
If you have any questions, please contact AFP Diversity Chair Caliopy Glaros, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-419-7630. Completed applications should be emailed directly to Caliopy.
2. DIVERSE COMMUNITIES CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP DUES SCHOLARSHIP - $150
As a community of inclusion, the Association of Fundraising Professionals seeks, embraces, and engages diverse individuals, groups, and organizations with a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and cultures within the fundraising profession.
Our chapter is pleased to be able to offer three membership dues scholarships to individuals from underserved or marginalized communities.Eligibility
- Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible diverse community as defined by AFP (African-American/Black, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Hispanic, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
- Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or actively looking for employment in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a diverse community.
- Work for a nonprofit organization that serves a 50% or more eligible AFP diverse community client base.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
3. LAPSED CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP DUES SCHOLARSHIP - $150
We want you back! Both the AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter and AFP International are pleased to be able to offer three membership dues scholarships for professional fundraisers whose membership may have lapsed in the last three years. Eligibility
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Applicant must be employed by a 501(c)3 organization are individuals between jobs or are independently consulting.
- Have been previously been an AFP member between 2017-2020.
3. CFRE CERTIFICATION SCHOLARSHIPS - $300
Up to 2 financial assistance scholarships upon successful attainment of CFRE designation. Preference for participants enrolled in the AFP OR/SWW chapter review course.
Match of 50% ($300) Applications welcomed throughout the year until funds are committed for the year.
CFRE Scholarship Application
4. AFP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIPS - $500
1 AFP International Conference registration (chapter award)
1 AFP International Conference registration "Chamberlain Award" (AFP International award for first time attendee)
AFP members receive preference for chapter awards. Follow up report/letter requested after the conference.
Award made through AFP International for the Chamberlain Scholarship. Chapter scholarship award (reimbursement) will be made to the individual or organization upon receipt of registration payment.
Details to be announced at a later date.