Friday, December 11
AFP Chapter Annual Meeting (VIRTUAL)
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Meet the Funders: COVID-19, Wildfires, and Beyond (WEBINAR)
Listen to updates from the region’s top funders and learn about what changes we might expect in the upcoming year. The panel discussion will be followed by a question and answer session.
Maylian Pak, Director of Donor Relations, Oregon Community Foundation
Michelle Reynolds, Director of Programs, James F and Marion L. Miller Foundation
Bob Speltz, Director of Community Relations, The Standard and Executive Director, The Standard Charitable Foundation
Jennifer Rhoades, CFP, President, Community Foundation for Southwest Washington
- Changes in grantmaking process, and attitudes toward general operating/unrestricted funding
- Balancing support to existing grantees with targeted Covid/wildfire response efforts
- Collaboration among funders
- Social Justice and Equity
- Community-focused Fundraising
- Virtual events/corporate volunteering/sponsorships
- Longer term vision for the future of philanthropy?
2020 PHILANTHROPY AWARDS
ONPOINT COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation
HOPSCOTCH FOUNDATION Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation
VANESSA MORGAN AND BOB QUILLIN Outstanding Philanthropists
CHRIS AND TOM NEILSEN Outstanding Volunteer Fundraisers
PORTLAND HOMELESS FAMILY SOLUTIONS Outstanding Innovative Project
CHRISTINE AND DAVID VERNIER Vollum Award for Lifetime Philanthropic Achievement
Check out more about the Philanthropy Awards 2020 and visit our Media Partner Portland Business Journal.