Join AFP!

New Member? Join Today!

With your membership, you will enjoy a wealth of career-building programs, educational resources, networking opportunities and exclusive member discounts.

Learn more:

Ready to Join? Let's Get Started!

Is AFP membership cost-prohibitive for you?

AFP offers fellowships and scholarships to defray the costs of programming. Click here to learn more!

Why Join AFP? 

AFP membership and support from the fundraising community is essential to any fundraiser, even in the best of times.

But in the toughest of times—after the events of September 11, the Great Recession, and now during the COVID-19 pandemic—AFP membership is CRITICAL.

Why?

1. You need to stay at the top of your fundraising game. As an AFP member, you’ll have access to resources and tools created by and compiled from top fundraisers from around the world.
2. You need custom solutions to your unique challenges. AFP’s breadth of experience and diversity allows you to hear different perspectives from experienced fundraisers.
3. You need to connect with fellow fundraisers. It’s important to reach out directly to your colleagues—for advice, tips and reassurance you need during these challenging times. Through local chapters, mentor programs and the acclaimed online forum AFP Connect, AFP is YOUR community that allows you to discuss and share with colleagues around the world or around the block.
4. You need guidance on the latest government policies and ethical fundraising practice. AFP offers leadership that advances the profession, such as supporting legislation like the CARES Act, and ensures that ethics remain at the forefront of fundraising.

Guidance. Experience. Community. Leadership.

This is what AFP offers to fundraisers of every cause, of every specialty, of every experience level. Stay connected to the largest association of professional fundraisers in the world.

AFP Member Benefits

FREE Introductory-level fundraising courses through Blackbaud University covering the basics of fundraising, marketing and more
FREE Micro-learning videos and member-exclusive webinars to keep you up to date on key industry trends: More than 100 to choose from for fundraisers of all skill levels, whether you have a couple of minutes or a couple of hours.
FREE Ground-breaking research results that inform the nonprofit sector on the latest trends in fundraising
FREE Career advancement tools like negotiation workshops and access to the AFP Global and Oregon & SW Washington Career Centers.
FREE Networking opportunities with fundraising professionals in Oregon and SW Washington.
DISCOUNTED Professional development seminars hosted by your local AFP chapter. 
DISCOUNTED Premium webinars starring the best fundraising experts in the nonprofit sector: 26 brand new webinars each year with an archive of more than 100.
DISCOUNTED AFP ICON -- the world’s No. 1 conference for professional fundraisers.

Find even more benefits of membership here

AFP Membership FAQs 

Have questions about AFP membership? The FAQs below should answer them. If you have more, please contact the Member/Chapter Services Department at AFP Global Headquarters, (800) 666-3863.

I want to join, but I am concerned about the cost of membership, trainings, and events. Is there assistance available?

Yes! We have scholarships designed to help individuals who might otherwise struggle with the cost of membership and trainings. We also have inclusion, diversity, equity, and access fellowships to help us better serve, represent, and learn from our whole community.  Click here for more information. 

Does my membership belong to me, or to the organization I work for?

It depends on the type of membership that you join.  If you are a Professional, Young Professional, Global eMember, Collegiate or Associate member, the membership is yours and goes with you if leave an organization.

The Nonprofit Organizational Membership for both large and small organizations, and the Executive Circle Business Member or Endorser Business Member belongs to the organization or company.  If an employee leaves, the organization may replace the name of the designated member.  New members still need to fill out a membership application and sign their adherence to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.

Does my membership stay with me if I switch organizations?

If you are in one of the individual membership categories the membership goes with you if you switch organizations.

How much does membership cost?

When a member joins AFP, they join both the global organization and a local chapter (exceptions exist if a chapter is not located close to the member). Thus, a member pays annual dues to both AFP Global and the chapter.

How much are the dues to AFP Global?

Your membership dues depend on the type of membership applicable to you. Members must self-assess to determine the type of membership for which they are eligible. Prospective members should self-determine the category of membership, and renewing members should review and reassess membership categories. Visit our AFP Membership Categories and Pricing page for more information.

How much are chapter dues?

AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter dues are $50

How long does my membership last?

Your membership lasts 12 months, starting in the month you officially become a member.