Both the AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter and AFP Global are pleased to offer fellowships and scholarships that support philanthropy and professional growth for individuals and smaller organizations throughout our region.
Diverse Communities in Fundraising Member Scholarship ($150)
As an inclusive community, AFP Oregon & SW Washington seeks, embraces, and engages individuals, groups, and organizations with a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and cultures within the fundraising profession.
AFP Oregon & SW Washington is pleased to be able to offer three membership dues scholarships to individuals from underserved or marginalized communities.
Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible underrepresented community as defined by AFP (African-American/Black, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Hispanic, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or actively looking for employment in not-for-profit fundraising.
Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a marginalized community, as above.
Work for a nonprofit organization that serves clients where at least 50% of individuals are from an underrepresented community.
Email your interest to email@example.com
Diverse Communities Scholarship Application Form
Lapsed Chapter Membership Dues Scholarship ($150)
We want you back! AFP Oregon & SW Washington is pleased to be able to offer three member scholarships for professional fundraisers whose membership may have lapsed in the last three years.
- Applicant must be employed by a 501(c)3 organization are individuals between jobs or are independently consulting.
- Have been previously been an AFP member between and lapsed between 2019 and 2021.
Lapsed Chapter Membership Dues Scholarship Application Form
AFP International Conference Scholarships - the Chamberlain Award (conference registration) and travel award ($500)
This scholarship covers the registration fees for the AFP International Conference (AFP ICON) for a first-time attendee. AFP Oregon & SW Washington members receive priority over non-members, but all are welcome to apply.
• Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
• Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
• Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about his or her experience at AFP ICON.
• Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
• Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded.
complete and and submit by October 31, 2023 for ICON 2024