- Priority applicants are employees of 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations with 5 or fewer fund development staff, or are individuals between jobs or independently consulting.
- An individual may receive no more than 1 scholarship award in a calendar year.
- No more than 2 individuals from any organization may receive scholarship awards in a calendar year.
Diverse Communities in Fundraising Member Scholarship ($150)
As an inclusive community, AFP Oregon & SW Washington seeks, embraces, and engages individuals, groups, and organizations with a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and cultures within the fundraising profession.
AFP Oregon & SW Washington is pleased to be able to offer three membership dues scholarships to individuals from underserved or marginalized communities.
Fundraising professional who self identifies as coming from an eligible underrepresented community as defined by AFP (African-American/Black, Asian, People with Disabilities, Faith-based, LGBTQ, Hispanic, Jewish, Rural, or another underrepresented community.)
Employed as a full-time fundraising professional or actively looking for employment in not-for-profit fundraising.
Fundraising professional or fundraising executive director employed at an organization where 50% or more staff members are from a marginalized community, as above.
Work for a nonprofit organization that serves clients where at least 50% of individuals are from an underrepresented community.
Lapsed Chapter Membership Dues Scholarship ($150)
We want you back! AFP Oregon & SW Washington is pleased to be able to offer three member scholarships for professional fundraisers whose membership may have lapsed in the last three years. Eligibility
- Applicant must be employed by a 501(c)3 organization are individuals between jobs or are independently consulting.
- Have been previously been an AFP member between 2017-2020.
AFP International Conference Scholarships - the Chamberlain Award ($500)
This scholarship covers the registration fees for the AFP International Conference (AFP ICON) for a first-time attendee. AFP Oregon & SW Washington members receive priority over non-members, but all are welcome to apply.