DCG is expanding its team of skilled professionals and is looking for an in-office, Saskatoon-based Associate with at least 4 years of fund development experience.
While this posting is for a mid level position, if you are an individual with senior level fundraising experience and a strong track record of success at a leadership level there may also be an opportunity for you.
Working closely with a member of the leadership team, the Associate will be responsible to:
• Develop and implement project action plans
• Train and motivate project staff and volunteers
• Coordinate and/or participate in volunteer and/or solicitation meetings • Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors as appropriate
• Track volunteer solicitations, campaign pledges, and gifts
• Develop and/or distribute project communication materials
• Produce project board reports
• Prepare and submit monthly project expense reports
• Develop, track, and implement donor recognition initiatives
• Plan, organize, and conduct such events as training sessions, donor cultivation gatherings, news conferences, and campaign launches
• Other duties as required
This position may require some availability or engagement in early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as well as some travel.
Candidates should possess the following key competencies:
• Passionate enthusiasm to make a difference
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to collaborate with client executive and staff, stakeholders, volunteers, and DCG teammates with professionalism
• Superior communication skills both oral and written
• Experience in or willing to learn the art of writing and communications for fundraising
• Dedication to and a keen eye for detail
• Flexibility and adeptness to prioritize and move from project to project as required
• Aptitude to undertake work independently, manage time, set priorities, and problem solve
• Adeptness to multi-task when involved with more than one project concurrently
• Efficiency with technology: Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat; online research
• Willingness to learn and to have fun in a supportive team environment
About DCG Philanthropic Services Inc.
DCG offers a collaborative, energetic, fast-paced, but extremely rewarding work environment, with opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
DCG is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our company so we may authentically represent and make advancements in this regard in our communities.
Our team is committed to our core values: Integrity, Enthusiasm, Ingenuity, Teamwork, and a Spirit of Generosity.
Our accomplishments are measured through the impact of the charities we work alongside, the involvement of the volunteers with whom we engage, and the fulfillment of the donors we partner with across the country.
DCG’s services encompass the following:
• Capital campaigns
• Feasibility studies
• Annual appeals
• Readiness reviews
• Legacy/planned giving
• Integrated fund development programs
• Internal reviews
• Fund development communications
Salary and Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications (salary range: $70,000 - $95,000), along with the following:
• Comprehensive benefits package:
- Health & Dental
- Health spending account
- Matched retirement savings plan
- Fitness membership benefit
• Four weeks annual vacation with additional paid bonus days
Please submit cover letter and resume, in confidence by 5:00 PM Nov 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we will only be contacting those candidates selected for an interview.
Join us in our mission to empower charities, unite volunteers, and inspire donors to strengthen communities.
We acknowledge that DCG is based in Treaty 6 Territory and the Traditional Homeland of the Métis and pay respect to the ancestors of this place and the many treaty and unceded territories in which we live, work, and serve. Through our work we honour our commitment to reconciliation, and we recognize that collective change requires individual action.