Invest in yourself! As a member of AFP South Saskatchewan Chapter, you are eligible to receive scholarships and awards to assist in your professional development, to enhance your fundraising skills, and to serve your organization with increased commitment to our profession.
AFP South Saskatchewan Professional Development Scholarship
The purpose of the AFP South Saskatchewan Professional Development Scholarship is to promote and enhance the professional development of fund development professionals in our service area by helping offset the cost associated with attending AFP conferences and/or self-selected educational opportunities.
Scholarships may be awarded to a maximum of $2,000 to cover conference registration, accommodations and travel expenses (meals not included).
Guidelines for scholarships:
- Applicants must be AFP members in good standing (dues paid up to date)
- Applicant must demonstrate the relevance of the requested training as it benefits to fund development
- Applicant must provide a one page follow up report to AFP South Saskatchewan (for the purposes of sharing impact reporting with the association as a whole)
- Provide receipts with follow up reporting
Applications are reviewed quarterly. Please ensure that submissions are received prior to the review dates below.
Quarterly Review Dates:
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2018 Review Date: October 19, 2018
- Application Deadline: January 14, 2019 Review Date: January 18, 2019
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2019 Review Date: April 19, 2019
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2019 Review Date: July 19, 2019
Please provide thorough and detailed information in your application as this is what will be solely used to determine the distribution and award of scholarship dollars. The scholarship review committee is comprised of AFP Regina board members.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM.
AFP Canadian Foundation’s National Scholarship Program
This scholarship program is open to both AFP members and non-members, as well as AFP events and non AFP events. The National Scholarship Program aims to assist individuals employed in the fundraising and not-for-profit sectors in attending educational events in order to develop and improve their knowledge and skills. Scholarships up to a value of $1000 will be awarded to successful applicants to cover registration, travel and/or tuition fees.
Deadline for applications is September 17, 2018.
Click here to review the National Scholarship Programs Guidelines
Click here to download the National Scholarship Programs Application
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the AFP International Conference on Fundraising. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skills in fundraising. In addition to the Chamberlain Scholarship, AFP-South Sask will award an additional scholarship to provide assistance in defraying expenses not covered in the Chamberlain Scholarship. The conference takes place in San Antonio, TX, March 31 to April 2, 2019.
- Application Deadline: October 19, 2018
- Scholarship Value: $1000.00 + the Chamberlain Scholarship (full registration fee minus processing fee)
- Number Available: One
The AFP Regina Chapter will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy and may be supplemented by criteria set by the local AFP chapter:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee and attend an AFP South Saskatchewan meeting to share his/her learning experiences at the Conference.
This scholarship is named in honour of Ralph E. Chamberlain; learn more about him here.
Click Here to Download the Chamberlain Application Form