Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) Statement of Principles
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) - Greater Atlanta Chapter is committed to developing and maintaining an organization that respects and values all people as it reflects, is responsive to, and embraces the diversity of the communities we serve.
Our chapter is committed to promoting an inclusive, equitable, and accessible organization. Every member, volunteer, and staff member is encouraged to participate in a respectful and professional manner.
AFP recognizes that Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access (IDEA) are central to its mission.
The following is AFP of Greater Atlanta’s Statement of IDEA Principles:
- Recognize each person as unique and equal to every other person
- Show respect and empathy for all
- Cultivate trust and integrity that facilitates the integration of different voices in organizational discourse
- Appreciate different perspectives by active listening and facilitating dialogues among diverse groups
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness
Our Organizational Pledge
The AFP Greater Atlanta Chapter pledges to:
Advocate for the presence and power of Black people and other people of color in nonprofit leadership roles.
Speak, act, and vote against systemic racism in our personal and professional spheres of influence.
Offer our professional and monetary resources to organizations on the frontlines of ending racial inequality in America.
Examine ways that we perpetuate systems that lead to oppression or exclusion and make institutional change accordingly.
Call to account the philanthropic community to ensure equity in giving and in the distribution of resources.