AFP Nova Scotia presents the AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course, in person on October 1 and 2, 2022, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Nova Scotia SPCA.
Lunch will be provided. Parking is complimentary.
This an introductory, 2-day course providing a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on responsibilities you are likely to encounter at the beginning of your career.
The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
Learning objectives include:
• Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
• Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
• Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
• Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
• Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
• Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
• Earn up to 16 CFRE continuing education credits.
AFP Nova Scotia thanks course instructors and facilitators Liz LeClair, Marnie Tuttle, Lisa Weatherhead, and Sarah Lyon for their leadership and dedication to our fundraising sector in organizing this learning experience.
For more information on AFP’s Fundamentals of Fundraising Course, please visit AFP Global’s website: https://afpglobal.org/fundamentals-fundraising Or contact AFP Member and a Course facilitator, Liz LeClair, at email@example.com with the subject line “AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course 2022”.