This year AFP is proud to offer six membership scholarships to increase the equity and diversity of our Chapter.
AFP Nova Scotia Young Professionals Membership Scholarship
Young Professional: Open to persons who hold some degree of responsibility directly for fundraising, work within the U.S. and Canada and are compensated for their services, and are 30 years old or younger, must subscribe to the AFP Code of Ethical Standards and promote the Donor Bill of Rights and be employed, or have been employed by an organization that provides benefits to society.
AFP Nova Scotia IDEA Scholarship
AFP is committed to the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) in the fundraising profession, the philanthropic sector and throughout all of society. AFP is involved in numerous projects and partnerships related to IDEA.
AFP Nova Scotia Small Non Profit Scholarship
Open to nonprofit organizations who can answer yes to all the following criteria:
- Must be a nonprofit organization – individuals, consultants and for-profit entities may apply for a different category
- An operating budget of less than $1,000,000
- A fundraising department with less than two (2) Full time equivalent (FTE) staff
- Individually incorporated or otherwise organized as a separate entity in the laws of the specific country; and
- Not affiliated with a larger institution supporting their operations.
All scholarships are open to new or renewing AFP members and each scholarship covers the full cost of membership for the recipient.
Please note that in order to be eligible:
- If you are a new member, the scholarship must be used before the end of 2020
- If you are a renewing member, your membership must expire before the end of 2020
The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m., October 15th, 2020.