Just joined AFP and don't know where to turn or how to get involved? Long-time member looking for a new, rewarding challenge?
AFP-CNY relies on a network of volunteers who are the power behind our work. Engaging with the chapter is a great way to share your talent and build relationships with fellow industry colleagues. Not only does it provide a boost to your career development, but it also plays a pivotal role in enhancing both your personal and professional growth. Additionally, your volunteer work can be a valuable addition to your resume.
Interested in volunteering with AFP-CNY? Please fill out this form and we'll contact you about volunteer opportunities.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
There are numerous ways for you to get active and volunteer. See below for all the ways you can get involved!
Join a Chapter Committee
There are many committees and subcommittees that support the ongoing work of the chapter! Below is a list of the current committees:
- Communications Committee - Coordinates the preparation of printed and electronic materials to ensure consistent branding; prepares news releases for chapter events and develops strategies to promote AFP in the local community.
- Education Committee - Develops ongoing educational programming for members including monthly workshops, webinar series, and secures speakers for AFP events.
- Fundraising Day Committee - Oversees the planning and implementation of the annual Fundraising Day educational event, including coordinating speakers and event management.
- IDEA Committee - Oversees the implementation and integration of the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) throughout all activities of AFP CNY.
- Membership Committee - Tracks chapter membership on a monthly basis reaches out to lapsed members and those nearing their membership renewal date, and develops creative strategies for increasing membership numbers.
- National Philanthropy Day Committee - Oversees the planning and implementation of the annual National Philanthropy Day celebration, including awardee nominations and event management.
- Scholarship Committee - Advise the Board of Directors on the best opportunities to award scholarships, and ensure that awardees are fulfilling scholarship requirements.
Submit a Proposal for Professional Development Programming
Do you have a compelling educational presentation to offer? Do you have a distinctive point of view and ideas about fundraising, philanthropy, and the not-for-profit sector you’d like to share? The chapter is always looking to broaden our network of speakers. Complete the brief speaker registration form now!
Join an AFP Global Committee
There are many committees, subcommittees, councils, and task forces that are created each year based upon the strategic and business plans identified by AFP leaders and staff. These opportunities range in scope and are focused at the broader international or national level of scope. Learn more on how you can volunteer to serve on an AFP Global committee.
Get Involved with the AFP Global Book Club
Join the AFP Global Book Club! Now is your chance to read great books, expand your knowledge, and connect with fellow fundraising professionals. Featuring a different host each month, you’ll have the opportunity to network and engage in thoughtful conversation with AFP members from around the country. Learn more!