AFP Connect offers Topic-Specific Interest Groups as well as Affinity Group Communities. These new online community forums provide a place for our members to share information and insights, learn more from colleagues on particular topics, and connect with fellow AFP members! In addition to an Open Forum community, you'll find topic-focused communities including:
- Software/Technology Recommendations
- Online Fundraising
- Boards & Volunteers
- Fundraising Policies
- Donor Relations/Stewardship
- Special Events
- Planned Giving
- Direct Response/Marketing.
All AFP members may participate in these new communities but will be required to join each one. Visit AFP Connect today to get started.
Coffee and Conversations are free to members and are virtual networking events that occur the first Thursday of every month at 8:00 AM ET. Each session will be hosted by an AFP-CNY board member. These informal chats are a great opportunity to foster community among members, meet and engage with peers, and discuss current and evolving fundraising topics. Check Upcoming Events to register for the next chat!
Tools and Resources
AFP offers fundraisers critical tools to stay up to date on the latest information on fundraising practices. Need some specific information about fundraising, like how to set up a major gift program or work more effectively with your board? Or maybe you just want to learn about the latest trends? AFP’s Guides & Resources have you covered.
- AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research, and information on public policy.
- AFP's Guides & Resources offers ready reference sources to help you find answers to every fundraising question you have.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- Directory of Consultants and Resource Partner Pages is a comprehensive annual listing of consultants and resource partners ready to meet your organization’s needs.
- AFP’s Career Profile examines member demographics, career trends, salaries, and experience. Find out about the members of your profession.
- AFP members have access to the AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
AFP offers a variety of professional development programs—conferences and workshops, webinars and videos, articles and blogs—to help fundraisers learn and grow at every stage of their careers.
Fundraising success also means developing expertise beyond just fundraising—so AFP provides resources for members to learn management, leadership, IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and access), team-building, and other important skills to flourish in today’s working environment.
Most programs are eligible for continuing education credits toward the CFRE credential, as well as the ACFRE credential.
Members receive discounts on books through the AFP Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
Whether you are just entering the fundraising profession or are a seasoned veteran, AFP-CNY has opportunities you cannot afford to ignore.
- Discounts for educational and networking events, courses, and workshops
- Free admission to members-only events such as Coffee and Conversations
- Regular email updates including job postings and upcoming events
Becoming a member is easier than ever! Join AFP today to take advantage of these benefits and more.