Director of Development
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, flexible hours Length of Employment: Permanent
Start Date: November 16, 2023 Salary/Hourly Wage Range: $40.08 - 42.08/hour, $78,156 - 84,115 annually
Open to: Internal & External
YWCA Regina Inc, established in 1910, aspires to a world where communities benefit from the full and equitable inclusion of women and families and that the experiences and perspectives of women and families are reflected in all facets of society. We are a community voice of and for women and a trusted partner in addressing the most complex community issues faced by women and our community. YWCA Regina provides childcare, shelter and housing, community programs, family support programs, and outreach.
YWCA Regina Inc. Values
Respect: Everyone is deserving of an equitable and judgement free environment
Inclusion: Everyone has an equal voice
Trust: Our work is done with integrity and authenticity to maintain the trust we have gained in our community
Encouragement: We meet people and community where they are to support where they want to be
Resiliency: We address difficult conversations and community issues
YWCA Regina is committed to anti-colonial, anti-racist practice and to a workplace that prioritizes cultural safety. In addition, YWCA Regina is committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and accessible services and spaces for Gender and Sexually Diverse persons. YWCA Regina acknowledges and accepts that our social systems, communities, and often our interpersonal relationships, organizational processes, advocacy, and practices perpetuate the marginalization of Indigenous peoples, Black people and Gender and Sexually Diverse people. YWCA Regina is committed to systemic change and to actions that further justice, truth, and reconciliation for marginalized peoples. YWCA has established commitments that outline the implementation of new practices and procedures involving actionable changes to policy, systems and governance.
• Excellent written and oral communications – very detail oriented.
• Extensive experience with fundraising database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
• Proficiency in MS Office 365 apps with ability to quickly learn new software.
Leading YWCA Regina’s Annual Giving and Stewardship, including oversight of two direct reports, the Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship, with support from the Sr. Director of Development will cultivate, steward, and expand the relationships between the organization and its donors at all levels, by creating and executing an Annual Development Plan.
If you have experience working with leadership, donors, and development, are an amazing multi-tasker, thrive while working independently, learn new programs quickly, are ridiculously organized, and would list strategizing and implementing programs for new member and revenue growth as some of your best skills, we want to hear from you!
• Create and execute an Annual Development Plan for YWCA Regina.
• Manage the execution of appeals and campaigns throughout the year.
• Execute an Annual Donor Stewardship Plan for YWCA Regina.
• Manage all aspects of annual donor acknowledgement and communication, providing extraordinary service to donors and manage donor acknowledgement in a timely manner.
• Oversee operation of, and integrity of data within, Raiser’s Edge database, utilizing it as a strategic resource in the implementation of Annual Development Plan.
• Oversee the work of the Manager of Events and Manager of Communication and Digital Marketing, developing an annual strategic plan wherein their collaborative work supports the Annual Development Plan and ensures department fundraising objectives are achieved.
• Conduct research and execute prospect identification and cultivation of individual and corporate donors.
• Identify opportunities to build relationships with existing donors, resulting in stronger ties to the organization.
• Collaborate with YWCA Regina’s Finance Department to ensure incoming donations and data entry are accurately represented in financials and reconciled with Raiser’s Edge.
• Maintain mailing lists for direct mail campaigns, appeal letters, event invitations, annual reports, year-end mailing and provide reports on same.
• Above all else, ensure we are doing everything we can to translate to our donors that their support is making a difference in our community.
• 3 or more years’ experience in related areas of Fund Development.
• Values-aligned and driven to support the mission of YWCA, with ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organization and time management skills, with high follow through.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with customer service focus.
• Experienced in leadership with direct reports.
• Maintains confidentiality and exerts a high level of discretion.
• Goal oriented with the ability to work as part of a team and independently as a self-starter.
YWCA Regina Employment Benefits:
• Flexible 37.5 hr work week
• Ability to work from home as needed
• Employer Paid RRSP Contribution
• (12) YWCA Stat Holiday Days
• 20 paid vacation days, annually
• 15 paid sick days, annually – with carry over
• Employer paid benefits plan with the option to enhance at minimal employee cost
• Monthly cell phone allowance
• AFP Membership fees paid by employer
• Education allowance
• Use of YWCA vehicle as needed
How to Apply:
INTERNAL: Submit a letter of interest to: email@example.com by 2023-10-26.
EXTERNAL: Submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 2023-10-26.
We invite applicants to voluntarily self-identify as Indigenous (First Nation, non-status, Metis, or Inuit) in the cover letter and/or resume.
Please clearly state the position for which you are applying.
We will reach out to applicants selected for an interview, no phone calls please.