AFP South Sound (AFPSS) is pleased to provide a variety of resources to our members as well as to the broader community, including:
- Announcements Archive: Access an archive of chapter news, spotlights, articles and special resources shared with the AFPSS community.
- Chamberlain Scholarship: Each year, AFPSS provides $500 in travel support for a member of our local chapter to attend the AFP International Conference. (AFP International covers the recipient's registration fee, approximately an $800 value.) Scholarship applications are typically due in October, with selection made by year's end. Available to current chapter members only. Become an AFPSS member today for this and other benefits! Applications for 2024 are due on October 20, 2023 and can be downloaded here: 2024_AFPSS_Chamberlain_Application
Diverse Communities Scholarship:
As a community of inclusion, the Association of Fundraising Professionals seeks, embraces, and engages diverse individuals, groups, and organizations with a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and cultures within the fundraising profession. Through this strategic initiative, AFP is committed to activities that increase awareness of diversity issues. As part of this commitment, AFP Global and the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy have created a diversity scholarship program to provide financial assistance for the professional development of fundraisers who are themselves members of one or more diverse communities, or are employed by grassroots organizations that primarily serve diverse populations.
2023 Scholarship Process - Deadline 12/1/22 Read Eligibility Requirements Here.
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy is pleased to once again offer the Diverse Communities Scholarship program for members of diverse communities to attend AFP ICON in New Orleans, LA, 2023.The application process will be open in fall 2023. AFP is pleased to offer full conference registration fee plus some travel expenses for diverse communities scholarship recipients. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the diversity scholarship campaign for your generosity and for helping to ensure the success of this program. Deadline for application submission is December 1, 2022. Selected candidates will be notified by email. Applications for 2023 are currently open and applications can be downloaded here: Diverse Communities Scholarship. Should you have questions about the AFP Diversity Scholarships Campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E-newsletter: Members and non-members are welcome to sign up for AFPSS's monthly e-newsletter and special e-blasts, which include details about upcoming programs and events as well as member highlights and resources. We do not sell our list, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Job Center: Find out how to post regional jobs to AFPSS members. (Note that an online listing of regional jobs is not supported at this time.)
- Mentorship Program: One-on-one matches between knowledgeable, well-rounded Mentors and Mentees who are relatively new to development or interested in learning more about a particular area in fundraising. Available to current chapter members only. Become an AFPSS member today for this and other benefits!
For questions about any of the resources here, please email email@example.com.
Additional Resources to Come
Over the next several months, we will be exploring incorporating the following additional resources into our website. Thank you for your patience as our volunteer committee members work on this. If you have feedback, please get in touch with the Marketing and Communications Committee Chair.
- Discussion Forum: A members-only discussion forum to pose questions, connect digitally and dialogue about current issues in the field.
- Job Center: Additional functionality.
- Library: A members-only space for sharing and browsing useful links, example materials and more.