The 2020 nomination period is now open. See below for links to forms.
New this year -- a new due date and new forms for the Outstanding Youth and Outstanding Youth Group categories.
Nominations are due May 22 for these two awards.
*AGAIN this year, Awards & Selection Committee members are offering feedback on nomination submissions. Want feedback before formally submitting? Submit your draft by July 1 (May 10 for youth awards)via email with a note to that effect.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Colorado Chapter defines diversity as the seeking and achievement of a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions, and cultures within philanthropy. The National Philanthropy Day Steering Committee encourages nominations from all individuals, groups, and organizations representing all regions of Colorado. We believe that inclusiveness is an essential source of strength and vitality.
Please read all of the information and instructions before writing your nomination.
Each nomination must include:
- Completed nomination form (see below link for form in Word and pdf)
- Two page nomination narrative (list and answer four questions noted below)
- Two letters of support (two letters only, no additional letters will be accepted)
All nominations must be complete when submitted.
Complete nominations must be submitted via email.
Nomination for Youth Awards -- Word or pdf
General Nomination Form -- Word or pdf
Complete Nomination Instructions
1. What are the nominee's specific achievements?
2. What impact has the nominee had on the community through financial contributions and/or volunteerism?
3. What leadership qualities does the nominee possess that promote philanthropy and/or volunteerism?
4. How does the nominee adopt a spirit of inclusion? (i.e. inviting broad participation, mentoring young professionals, hiring diverse applicants, etc.)
Every nomination is unique, these examples are provided to show you successful nominations. Please tailor your nomination to your nominee and award category. The first example shows a good example of the new diversity question.
Outstanding Large Business: Empower Retirement
Outstanding Foundation: Community Foundation of Northern Colorado
Outstanding Small Business: Bachus & Schanker, LLC
Outstanding Professional Fundraiser: Jan Weimer