President's Welcome

Welcome AFP Baton Rouge Chapter members and visitors!

I am honored to serve as your 2021 Association of Fundraising Professionals Baton Rouge Chapter President. Our non-profit organizations are so important, especially now, as they provide critical services to those in need while contributing to our economic stability. Nonprofits improve cultural exposure, increase knowledge, protect our wildlife and environment, provide healthcare as well as many other vital services. Fundraising professionals have the important responsibility to raise the financial resources in support of these needs.

As fundraising professionals, we accept our roles, along with the responsibility, to ethically steward our donors and the resources they provide with which we are entrusted. Daily, we inspire others to be philanthropic by sharing our organization’s mission with passion and connect donor’s desire to help with the philanthropic needs of our organizations…and that’s when magic happens!  Together, we make our community a better place.

Join us to engage with your colleagues at monthly training sessions, even if it’s virtual, be a mentor, join a committee, or stay engaged with your fellow fundraising colleagues through our Ambassadors Program. Join the National Philanthropy Day committee to honor and celebrate donors in our community. There are so many ways to get involved and stay engaged…and I hope you will consider doing just that.

Lastly, we continue to remind our community about our ethical standards, our Donor Bill of Rights, and the values and missions of our organizations and our association. Thank you for your commitment to your organization, our chapter and our community. I welcome the opportunity to talk to you, and hear about your ideas to make the Baton Rouge Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals the best it can be!  Please contact me at Judith.Roberson@franu.edu.