Kelly_Reid_spotlight.jpg

Kelly Reid

Health Care Foundation, Chief Development Officer

Primary Fundraising Responsibility 

Major Giving

Your Organizations Main Public Signature Event

Eleganza

Why you choose this career?

I chose this career because I enjoy helping and coaching others and giving back to my community.

What do you love most about fundraising?

I love the many people I get to meet and work with each and every day and the fact that we are making a difference in the lives of others.

What has been your greatest accomplishment during your career so far?

I have had many great accomplishments in my career but I would have to say being apart of the team to build Daffodil Place was a highlight.

Favorite benefit(s) of AFP NL membership

Learning from others in our field of work.

April 2020

Kelly_Sandoval.jpg

Kelly Sandoval

Executive Director - Rainbow Riders-Therapeutic Riding Centre

Primary Fundraising Responsibility 

Yrs working in fundraising (13) Most all fundraising initiatives within Rainbow Riders sphere

Your Organizations Main Public Signature Event

Hoedown in the Barn (Raise it Up organizers)

Why you choose this career?

I chose this career because I feel I am fairly good at it. And I enjoy a challenge!

What do you love most about fundraising?

I love how inspiring people are. The clients I work for are inspiring and also the individuals, groups and corporations that support our community

What has been your greatest accomplishment during your career so far?

No one particular thing stands out- but in each organization I have worked for, I am proud of the growth I have facilitated, the programs I have had a hand in implementing, and the positive impact it has had on the individuals we serve.

Favorite benefit(s) of AFP NL membership

Networking with other fundraising professionals, knowledge sharing.

AFP NL Member Spotlight
Fundraising professionals have uniquely awesome jobs. They enable social good and have the rare opportunity to do impactful work that can change the world in real and meaningful ways.Simply put the fundraising profession is awesome!!!  And at AFP Newfoundland and Labrador we want to celebrate you!!

As part of our communications plans this year, we would like to spotlight you and your work on our social media feeds.  It will not only celebrate the great work you are doing, but it may even inspire a whole new generation to consider this exciting profession.  The impact of fundraisers’ contributions continues to explode year and year as well as the growing demand for talented educated fundraising professionals in the sector.

The world is a better place because of fundraisers, plain and simple. Fundraisers inspire Canadians to give every single day, sometimes blaring from the front pages of the newspaper, but more frequently in the background, blending into the fabric of everyday life.

The impact of your work is all around us. Let’s celebrate the Fundraising Profession and let’s celebrate our collective accomplishments:

• fostering more inclusive and stable communities through social services and housing
  • enhancing health and care through hospitals and health charities
  • emergency relief and ongoing development in times of natural or human-created disasters
  • enriching society through art, religion, education and culture
  • creating opportunity and brighter futures through education and environmental protection

We strongly recommend you participate, simply by taking a few moments to answer the questions on the online form