Thank you to all who joined us for our 2022 celebration that took place Thursday, November 10, 2022 at the Children's Mercy Research Institute.
Be sure to save the date for our 2023 Event, scheduled for November 9, 2023!
National Philanthropy Day was founded in 1986 by presidential proclamation of the Association of Fundraising Professionals to recognize charitable giving in all its forms. AFPKC celebrates this day locally with an annual special event honoring Kansas City individuals and companies that embody the spirit of philanthropy.
Honoree videos are available for viewing by clicking the link on the award name. Clicking an honoree name will open the honoree's profile page.
Please join us in congratulating this year's honorees:
- Excellence in Legacy Giving Award presented in partnership with MACGP: Dr. Linda Mitchell, nominated by UMKC Foundation, GLAMA, Classical KC, KC Ballet, Bank of America
- Spirit of Philanthropy – Business: Cable Dahmer, nominated by Harvesters
- Spirit of Philanthropy – Family: The Hunkeler Family, nominated by Kansas City Ballet, Wayside Waifs, Command and General Staff College Foundation, Junior League, Heart of America Boy Scout Council, Children's Mercy Hospital, KU Endowment, Truman Library Institute, American Royal, Morris Foundation, Village Church, AbilityKC, Freedoms Frontier
- Spirit of Philanthropy – Youth: Cimone Trysla, nominated by ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Excellence in Fundraising: Susan Belger Angulo, nominated by Happy Bottoms
- Excellence in Development Operations: Jen Kiper, nominated by UMKC Foundation
2022 AFPKC National Philanthropy Day Celebration Honorees!
Congrats again to our 2022 Honorees, pictured below from left to right:
Susan Belger-Angulo, Excellence in Fundraising; Dr. Linda Mitchell, Excellence in Legacy Giving; Amy, John, and Mary Hunkeler, Spirit of Philanthropy – Family; Jen Kiper, Excellence in Development Operations; Cimone Trysla, Spirit of Philanthropy – Youth; and Carlos Ledezma, Cable Dahmer, Spirit of Philanthropy – Business