- Connect with nearly 300 of your fundraising colleagues and create your own circle of experts who understand your challenges and can share great ideas. AFPKC meetups are a great way to meet new people in your field, or bring a younger professional into a broader network!
- Learn at your level - AFPKC provides high impacts training for all levels of experience and skill in a variety of formats and locations in Kansas City. Each class puts you that much closer to earning your CFRE or keeping it current! And not just for you, you’re sharing new skills back to your team.
- Lead through AFPKC board and committee service. Whether you want to offer your currents skillsets or get out of your comfort zone and try some new things, leadership at the Board or committee levels is a great way to broaden your horizons!
- Advance your career Online Job Center, where you can post or search for jobs locally and nationally to recruit top talent, or as a job-seeker, find that next great organization and position to move you ahead in your career path.
- Stay in the local loop with a free six-month subscription to The Independent, including our “Philanthropy Matters” feature highlighting 20 AFPKC members a year.
- Build professional relationships through our collaboration with AFPKC partners from Mid-America Charitable Gift Planners (MACGP), Grant Professionals Association (GPA) Heart of America Chapter, and Association of Prospect Researchers (Apra) Missouri/Kansas Chapter.
Your membership in AFPKC also provides all of the benefits of AFP International